Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Progress Report (1/26 - 2/8)

This post is for two week because I forgot to post the previous week. Both weeks were rather frustrating and disappointing. 1/26-2/1 being in regard to the end of attempting to use Java2D arcs and attempting to find another solution to draw arcs that can use built-in antialiasing while being able to change the width of the arc. Professor Eglash suggested Bezier curves, and these would likely work. The width part I would find out once I got there, assumingly a teardrop shape with a filled inside (if possible). I plan to use QuadCurve2D arcs. Sadly I struggle with the math that is required to set up bezier curves. This week (2/2-2/8) in specific I have basically been learning about bezier curves, but I have made little progress in regards to the project once again. Overall I feel I just need to give more time on this project.

Next week: I plan to spend more time next week on the project and ask questions whenever I feel stuck from here on out. I hope to find some sort of help for this part relating to QuadCurve2D arcs because I am stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment